Macomber Estate -
located on Salem End Road, and originaly built as the private residence and stables of John R. Macomber.
"Raceland" as it was called was first built in 1925, but after fire destroyed the original wood structure it was rebuilt out of brick in 1930.
The estate was equipped to hold horse racing and steeplechase events which drew tens of thousands of visitiors on race days.
Later, the property was operated by the MSPCA, (Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), as a recreational and
educational facilty until it was sold again as residential property.
[ Intro ] [ Index ]
Copyright ©1995-2004 framingham.com, all rights reserved.