This horse watering trough was built to last, in 1893, and still stands --- just down the
street from Framingham State College, at the begining of Salem End Road.
Unfortunately, it probably only served its pupose for two or three decades, as automobiles
replaced horse drawn transportation.
Note: Salem End Road was so named as it served as a refuge for residents of Salem,
Massachusetts after they were accused of witchcraft in the famous Salem
Witch Trials of the late 1600's.