Framingham DPW to pick up Christmas Trees week of January 14th-18th, 2013.
FRAMINGHAM, MA- The Christmas tree in your home is most likely very dried out -- and should be seen as a fire hazard.
The Town of Framingham Department of Public Works will be collecting Christmas Trees during the week of January 14th through the 18th, 2013.
During that week, you should put your tree on the curb on your normal trash collection day.
If you plan to leave the tree up for the next week or so, make sure there is plenty of water in the base. Check the water daily.
On the other hand, if you've already started cleaning up, and moved the Christmas tree outdoors, you should make sure it is far away from any [cigarette] smoking areas or other possible sources of ...[read more]
Framingham Hazardous Waste Collection Day.
FRAMINGHAM, MA - The Town of Framingham, Department of Public Works, solid Waste Division is holding its popular Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event on Saturday, August 11, 2012 from 9:00am to 1:00pm in the parking lot of the McCarthy Elementary School, 8 Flagg Drive, Framingham, MA.
There is no cost to dispose of hazardous waste materials.
Event is open to Framingham Residents Only - drivers license with Framingham address must be shown as proof of ...[read more]
Comments Off on 2012 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Framingham DPW to pickup Christmas Trees weeks of January 23rd-27th, 2012.
FRAMINGHAM, MA- It's been nearly a month since Christmas, and if you still have a Christmas tree in your home, it's most likely very dried out -- and could be a fire hazard at this point in time.
Dried out trees should be removed from your home or business and placed outdoors, away from any [cigarette] smoking areas or other possible sources of ignition until the tree can be properly disposed of.
The Town of Framingham Department of Public Works will be collecting Christmas Trees during the week of January 23rd through 27th, 2012. You should put your tree on the curb on your normal trash collection day.
The DPW will only pickup trees if all decorations, strands of lights, tinsel/garland, etc, have been removed -- and the tree can not be in a plastic bag, (or it will not be picked up).
For additional information about Christmas Tree Curbside Collection contact the Framingham Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Division at: (508) 532-6001.
Comments Off on Christmas Tree Curbside Collection (Jan. 23rd - 27th, 2012)
FRAMINGHAM, MA - The Town of Framingham will be holding its spring Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day on Saturday, May 21, 2011 from 9:00AM to 1:00PM in the parking lot of the McCarthy Elementary School, 8 Flagg Drive, Framingham, MA.
- pesticides / herbicides
- bug sprays
- rodent poisons
- cleaning solvents
- caustic cleaners / degreaser
- concentrated fertilizers
- photo chemicals
- pool & spa chemicals
- aerosol cans containing paint
- oil based or enamel paint
- lead based paint
- paint thinner
- diesel oil
- old gasoline / kerosene
- Mercury-containing devices
Do NOT Bring:
- Radioactive waste including radioactive type smoke detectors (batteries can be removed, and the smoke detector can be thrown out in the regular trash)
- explosives / gunpowder / flares / ammunition
- PCB oils / bulk chemicals / oil
- medical / biological waste including sharps
- Items that are collected regularly as part of the normal weekly operations of the Town of Framingham Recycling Drop-off Center are NOT collected as part of the Household Hazardous Waste Event.
- NO LATEX PAINT - Latex paint can be safely disposed of at curbside by following these steps. Remove the lid from each can. Dry up any liquid paint by stirring in an absorbent material. Allow to dry. Place open can next to trash at curbside on your regular trash day.
Open to Framingham residents only.
Proof of residency and photo ID will be required.
No commercial waste.
Reduce long waits -- combine your waste with your neighbors and car-pool!
For more information contact the Framingham Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Division at: (508) 532-6001 or the Recycling Coordinator by email at: recycling@FraminghamMA.gov
Comments Off on Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day