FRAMINGHAM, MA - on Sunday, October 10th, 2010, Arlo Guthrie, American folksinger, songwriter, storyteller will perform in concert as part of the Town of Framingham's Grand Re-Opening of Bowditch Field.
Tickets for Framingham residents are just $5.00, (and only $1.00 for kids under 12). Non-resident tickets are $10 (and $2.00 for kids under 12).
Tickets may be purchased at the Bowditch Field office of the Framingham Park & Recreation Department, 475 Union Ave, Framingham, MA. Tickets are also available at Amazing Things Arts Center, 160 Hollis St, Framingham MA. Links at the bottom of this article provide additional information about the festival and how to purchase tickets online.
In case there is some reason you don't know who Arlo Guthrie is -- like, maybe you've been living in the woods for the past 40 years with no outside contact, or were literally born yesterday -- well if either of those describes you, definitely check out the following video -- you'll see Arlo performing live in 2006 with video outtakes from his 1969 movie classic and thanksgiving favorite, "Alice's Restaurant".
While Arlo Guthrie and Family Band headline the daylong music festival, local musical performances are scheduled on two stages throughout the day, including:
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Framingham State University’s Random Jam Club
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m – Marian High School’s Mainstagers
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Framingham High School - “Musical Review” – That Was Then . . . This Is Now
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Rust Never Sleeps – Neil Young Tribute Band
- 2:30 p.m. – 4:00p.m. – Eguie Castrillo and his 18 piece Latin Jazz Orchestra
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – HELP! and Mark Poulan as Roy Orbison
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Arlo Guthrie ” Journey On” Tour with the Family Band
The concert is just part of a 3-Day Columbus Day celebration of weekend activities at Bowditch Field. The 25 acre field with its newly completed improvements has been used for exhibitions, sporting games, concerts, and other large outdoor events since 1869. Recently completed improvements include construction of all new stands, addition of press-box space, locker rooms, concession areas, restrooms, sound and lighting systems, ADA compliant access and many other structural and aesthetic improvements.
For more info, visit:
Bowditch Field Celebration website: www.bowditchfieldcelebration.com
Amazing Things (crafter application, online ticket ordering): www.amazingthings.org
Arlo Guthrie Website: www.arlo.net