- Area Mosquitos Carry West Nile VirusFramingham, MA -- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) announced it has identified 14 West Nile Virus (WNV) positive mosquito samples out of 2,705 collected in Barnstable, Middlesex, and Suffolk Counties. Of the 2,705, there were zero Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) samples identified. There also were zero human cases of WNV and EEE in Barnstable, Middlesex, and Suffolk Counties. The populations of mosquito vectors that transmits... [read more].
- Get Involved in Framingham Government!FRAMINGHAM, MA -- Opportunities are available for Framingham residents to get involved with municipal government. Seats are available on several Boards, Commissions, and Committees. Help set the direction Framingham takes on determining needed changes to bylaws, ordinances and other legislation to meet municial goals and objectives By serving, residents provide community insight to the executive and legislative branches of Framingham's government. When you serve, you learn how... [read more].
- Framingham Traffic Alerts / Road Construction July 18-24, 2021FRAMINGHAM, MA -- Motorists are advised that there may be construction work being performed during daytime hours on the following roads in Framingham during the week of July 18th-24th, 2021. Please note: construction schedules are weather permitting and subject to change. Blackberry Lane Sewer Pump Station - Pump station and sewer main work continues. Blackberry Lane at Millwood Street will be closed to through traffic during work... [read more].
- Mosquito Spraying in Framingham Thursday, July 22FRAMINGHAM, MA -- The East Middlesex Mosquito Control Project is planning to use a truck-mounted aerosol sprayer to apply “reduced-risk pesticide” to control mosquito populations in the City Thursday, July 22, 2021. All spraying will be done between dusk and 11:30 p.m. The spraying is scheduled for neighborhoods of Framingham that are located in the vicinity of Savoy Road, Angela Road, Doris Road, August Drive, Sylvester Drive... [read more].
- Framingham Household Hazardous Waste Day, Saturday, July 31, 2021FRAMINGHAM, MA -- The Framingham Department of Public Works (DPW) will host Household Hazardous Waste Day, Saturday, July 31, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00p.m. at the DPW Operations Center, 100 Western Ave., Framingham MA 01702. Household hazardous waste is banned from disposal in trash or recycling by state law. The DPW's Sanitation Division sponsors annual household hazardous waste disposal events which are FREE and open to... [read more].
- MA Gov. Announces Funding for Framingham Affordable Rental HousingFRAMINGHAM, MA -- Today Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker announced affordable housing awards for 28 projects in 21 communities across the Commonwealth. One recipients of an affordable rental housing award is Carlson Crossing, a Framingham, MA family public housing project.... [read more].
- MA Governor Proclaims July 11-17 to be “Hurricane Preparedness Week”FRAMINGHAM, MA -- Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker has proclaimed July 11 - 17, 2021, to be Hurricane Preparedness Week to emphasize both the Commonwealth's vulnerability to tropical storms and hurricanes and the importance of preparing for their impacts. “As we saw during our recent experience with Tropical Storm Elsa, planning and preparing in advance for a tropical storm or hurricane can help protect individuals and families and... [read more].
- Staples Launches Classroom Rewards Program to Benefit EducatorsFRAMINGHAM, MA -- Staples Inc., the Framingham-based office supply retailer, has launched its new Staples Connect Classroom Rewards mobile experience, where parents can give a percentage of their qualifying purchase made at a Staples store back to an enrolled teacher or school administrator of their choice. In addition, to further show appreciation for teachers this back-to-school season, from July 1st, 2021 through September 30th, 2021, enrolled teachers and... [read more].
Comments Off on News