Framingham, MA - Here's what's happening at the Callahan Senior Center for the month of November 2009.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Support Groups at Callahan Senior Center
- Bereavement Support Group: Mondays, November 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 at 10:00 am.
- ‘Better Breathers’ Support Group: No meeting in November due to the Veterans’ Day holiday. Meeting will resume in December.
- Caregivers’ Support Group: Please note new date due to holiday — Wednesday, November 18 at 2:30 pm.
- Diabetes Support Group: Tuesday, November 24 at 10:00 am.
- Grandparent Support Group: Next meeting is Wednesday, December 2nd at 7:00 pm. No meeting in November due to Thanksgiving holiday. Please call the Center to confirm in the event of a change.
- Low Vision Group: Friday, November 20 at 1:00 pm.
- Massage Therapy: Thursdays, November 12 & 26 (by appt. only).
- Parkinson’s Support Group: Tuesday, November 17 at 1:30 pm.
- Podiatry: Wed., November 18 with Dr. John 12:30 - 4:00 pm & Wed., November 25, with Dr. Lukoff from 1:00 - 3:30 pm (by appt. only).
- Stroke Survivors’ Support Group: Monday, November 5 at 1:00 pm.
BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC FOR NOVEMBER Wednesdays, 4, 18 & 25 - 9:30am—12:30pm
Healing Partners Bereavement Support Group - Have recently lost a spouse, parent, or other loved one? How are you coping? Come join us to share your experience and feelings on Monday mornings from 10:00-11:30 am. New participants are always welcome.
Callahan Center has a TOPS Club, Inc. Chapter! TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is a national non-profit organization. The group meets on Wednesdays from 11:45 am—12:45 pm. Please contact Lorraine Fournier, if you have any questions at 508-532-5980, extension 4102.
STAYING HEALTHY! STAYING FIT! - Thursday, November 12th at 10:00 am in the Multi-purpose Room our topic will be Cardiovascular Disease and sign up for the Walking Program.
Holiday Tea! - *SAVE THE DATE* - On December 10th at 10:00 am, please join us at the center for a Holiday Tea! Our topic; 'Making the most of the Holidays', will be a discussion of the ups and downs of this time of year.
VNA Care Network: Medication Safety - Get the Facts on Monday November 16, 2009 from 11:00am-12:00pm at the Callahan Center . Program will cover:
STATE SENATOR KAREN SPILKA'S 2009 SENIOR HEALTH and WELLNESS FAIR - November 21st from 9:00 am - 1:30 pm at the Callahan Center , 535 Union Avenue in Framingham.
FRIENDS OF CALLAHAN UPDATE - The Friends of Callahan will hold their next general meeting on Monday, November 9, 2009 at 1:00 pm at the Callahan Center. Entertainment will be provided by Peter O’Malley. Refreshments will be served. Please join us and bring a friend!
Framingham Garden Club - The Framingham Garden Club will be at the Callahan Center on November 9th @ 10:00 am creating a Fall arrangement. The fee for this class, which includes all materials, is $5.00. Seating is limited to 12; please sign up by calling the reception desk @ 508-532-5980 no later than November 5th. Please bring scissors.
Fall Inspired Decoupage Art Class - On November 16th at 9:30-11:00 am come join in on the fun with artist, Susan Chicco, and create an incredible work of art out of one of the items Susan will supply the day of the class such as a vase, clay pot, or a frame or bring something you have around your house that you would like to decoupage. Seating is limited to 10 people; please sign up no later than 10/13 at the reception desk @ 508-532-5980.
Computer Literacy Center Offerings For Seniors - The Callahan Center offers a number of courses including Introduction to the PC, Intermediate PC, Internet and Email, MS Word, and Photoshop. All are 4-day a month courses and the donation is $20.00.
Heritage Gallery - Christmas in November? Well, in the Heritage Gallery it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Folks have consigned and donated some fabulous decorations, crafts and collectibles to the Gallery. Plus we have the 'usual suspects' - lamps, table settings, linens, jewelry, bowls, plates and platters. Baking cookies to give a neighbor this holiday? Come buy a pretty plate and make the plate part of your gift. Making fudge to give a friend? Come pick up a pretty container to present the fudge. Shop now for gifts, stocking stuffers and just plain fun at the Heritage Gallery.Open Wednesday through Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.