- Framingham Traffic Alerts: Sept. 12th - 18th, 2021FRAMINGHAM, MA -- Motorists are advised that there may be construction work being performed during daytime hours on the following roads in Framingham during the week of September 12th through the 18th, 2021. Please note: construction schedules are weather permitting and subject to change. Blackberry Lane Sewer Pump Station - Punch-list items. Expect minor delays.... [read more].
- FSU RAMs Football Loses 2021 Season Opener 31-0FRAMINGHAM, MA -- After a year away from the gridiron, the Framingham State University RAMs football team opened the 2021 season with a 31-0 loss to number 15 ranked N.Y. State University of Brockport Golden Eagles in non-conference action at Bowditch Field. The Rams fumbled on the opening play of the game giving Brockport the ball on the 32-yard line. Five plays later Cheshire and Cromer connected... [read more].
- 2021 New England Shake-Up CanceledFRAMINGHAM, MA - Promoters of the New England Shake-Up and it's host venue, the Framingham Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center have announced that "unfortunately, due to ongoing health and logistical concerns, there will NOT be a New England Shake-Up in September 2021" The event, which would have been the 7th annual was scheduled for the weekend of September 24-26, 2021 and was billed to include three days... [read more].
- Cresco Labs Acquires Cultivate, Rt. 9 Framingham Cannabis ShopFRAMINGHAM, MA -- Cresco Labs Inc. (OTC:CRLBF), today (September 3, 2021) announced they have finalized and closed the previously announced acquisition of Cultivate which operates a recreational cannabis shop on Rt. 9 in Framingham. Cultivate also operates two others pot shops in MA, one in Leicester and another in Worcester and also offers delivery. In addition, Cultivate is a Licensed MA Cannabis Cultivator with approximately 42,000 square... [read more].
- Congressional App Challenge Open to Framingham Middle & High School StudentsFRAMINGHAM, MA -- U.S. House of Representatives Assistant Speaker Katherine Clark announced the Massachusetts 5th Congressional District is hosting the district-wide 2021 Congressional App Challenge (CAC) for middle school and high school students. The CAC is designed to encourage students to learn to code and to inspire them to pursue careers in computer science. Since the Challenge's inception in 2016 over 14,000 students from 48 states programmed... [read more].
- Framingham Ranked #24 of Best Places to Live in AmericaFRAMINGHAM, MA - Livability Media, which provides information about and ranks cities, towns, regions and states on how "livable" they are, has ranked Framingham, MA at #24 in their 2020 List of Best Place to Live in America. According to their website, for this year they "analyzed more than 1,000 small to mid-sized cities on factors like safety, affordability, economic stability, outdoor recreation, accessibility and community engagement".... [read more].
- Framingham Traffic Alerts Week of Aug. 29-Sep. 4, 2021FRAMINGHAM, MA -- Motorists are advised that there may be construction work being performed during daytime hours on the following roads in Framingham during the week of August 29th though September 4th, 2021. Please note: construction schedules are weather permitting and subject to change. Blackberry Lane Sewer Pump Station - Pump station work continues. Blackberry Lane at Millwood Street will be closed to through traffic during work hours.... [read more].
- Framingham Sewer Smoke Testing begins September 1st, 2021FRAMINGHAM, MA -- The Framingham Department of Public Works will begin conducting Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing Wednesday, September 1st, to investigate sources of rainwater and groundwater (inflow and infiltration) that are entering the sanitary sewer system. The entire testing program is expected to take one month to complete and will be conducted by engineering consultant, Weston & Sampson. According to the FraminghamMA.gov website, "Smoke testing is a... [read more].
Comments Off on News