- Ameresco Donates Portable Power Units to Help Support Communities Impacted by Natural DisastersFRAMINGHAM, MA -- Ameresco, Inc., (NYSE: AMRC) announced they have donated three portable power stations to the Cajun Navy Ground Force. The Louisiana-based non-profit organization is focused on quickly responding during and after natural disasters to help socially vulnerable and marginalized populations in crisis. As hurricanes, storms and natural disasters have become a common threat to communities everywhere, Ameresco recognized that cleantech solutions could help mitigate the... [read more].
- UPDATED: Missing Person: Framingham Police Attempt to Locate Madeline A. DeShazoFRAMINGHAM, MA -- On January 17th the Framingham Police reported that "Madeline has been located in the Boston area and is with family." and thanked those who helped locate her for their assistance. On Monday, January 16, 2023 the Framingham Police Department issued a "Missing Person / Attempt to Locate" notice in an attempt to locate Madeline A. DeShazo, (age 33, DOB 6/3/89). Ms. DeShazo was last... [read more].
- State Grants Framingham Fire Dept $9,458 for Student and Senior Fire Education ProgramsFRAMINGHAM, MA -- As one of 266 municipal fire departments sharing in $1.9 million in grants, the Framingham Fire Department is slated to receive a total of $9,458.00 for FY 2023. Of that amount, $6,781 was granted for the Student Awareness of Fire Education (S.A.F.E.) program and an additional $2,677 for the Senior SAFE Program.... [read more].
- Framingham Man Convicted of Wire Fraud and Money LaunderingFRAMINGHAM, MA -- A federal jury in Boston convicted a Framingham man today for his role in a business email compromise (BEC) scheme. Gustaf Njei, 27, was convicted following a five-day jury trial of two counts of wire fraud, one count of structuring to avoid reporting requirements, one count of unlawful monetary transactions, and one count of money laundering conspiracy. U.S. District Court Chief Judge F. Dennis... [read more].
- FSU RAMs Football Closes Season with 21-16 Win Over Worcester StateFRAMINGHAM, MA -- The Framingham State University football team closed the 2022 season tonight with a 21-16 victory over Worcester State University in a Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) tilt at Bowditch Field.... [read more].
- MetroWest Chamber of Commerce President & CEO Stepping Down at End of YearFRAMINGHAM, MA -- The MetroWest Chamber of Commerce recently announced that its current President and CEO, Jim Giammarinaro, will be stepping down at the end of the calendar year. “Earlier this year Jim informed the Board that, due to competing family and personal commitments, he would be resigning as President and CEO at the end of the year. Although the Chamber will greatly miss Jim’s leadership and... [read more].
- TJX Recalls Baby Blankets Due to Choking, Entrapment and Strangulation HazardsFRAMINGHAM, MA -- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall of 108,000 Mittal International Baby Blankets sold in the U.S. (and in Canada) by Framingham, MA based TJX Company stores. The blankets are being recalled as the threads in the woven baby blankets can come loose and detach posing choking, entrapment and strangulation hazards.... [read more].
- Perini Management Services, Inc. Awarded Three Federal Contracts Collectively Valued at $164 MillionFRAMINGHAM, MA -- Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE: TPC) , a leading civil, building and specialty construction company (with roots in Framingham and Ashland MA going back for 1894), announced on October 19, 2022 that its subsidiary, Perini Management Services, Inc. (PMSI), has been awarded three fixed-price federal contracts collectively valued at approximately $164 million.... [read more].
Comments Off on News