FRAMINGHAM, MA - Roadwork on several major capital improvement projects in town will continue this week, (Monday through Friday, June 13 - 17, 2011).
Major delays due to backed up traffic and detours around some of the work sites can add to driving times, so motorists should plan accordingly.
The Town of Framingham's Department of Public Works / Highway Division / Capital Projects website offers residents and visitors to Framingham helpful information about current and upcoming construction projects.
You can view up to date traffic alerts, maps of project worksites and traffic detours, and sign up to receive email alerts for all or any of the currently listed projects.
The email traffic advisory for the week of June 13 - 17, 2011 indicate that:
- Water main replacement will restrict vehicular traffic on "A" Street to a one lane alternating traffic management plan. Work will take place between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Sewer main construction will continue on Edgell Road, construction activities will take place on Edgell Road between Auburn Street and Vernon Street. All southbound traffic on Edgell Road will be detoured from Edgell Road on to Vernon Street to Oak Street and back onto Edgell Road. Construction activities are scheduled to take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Construction crews will continue to install sewer main on Concord Street between Cherry Street and Summer Street, all southbound traffic will be detoured from Concord Street onto Cherry Street to Campello Road and back onto Concord Street daily between 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Service crews will be working on Concord Street between upper and lower "A" Street, traffic will be restricted to a one lane alternating traffic management plan through the work zone. Construction activities will take place between 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Deep gravity sewer main installation will continue on Hartford Street, Hartford Street will be closed between Grant Street and Grant Street Extension daily from 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Traffic will be detoured from Hartford Street to Howe Street, to Bishop Street and back onto Hartford Street or from Hartford Street to Bishop Street to "C" Street back onto Hartford Street.
- Construction crews will continue to install sewer main on Pond Street, Pond Street will be detoured daily between 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Sewer main lining will continue on "C" Street, Grant Street, Eliot Street, Arthur Street, Mansfield Street, Wilson Street, and Lawrence Street between 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Traffic will be managed using a one lane alternating traffic plan through the work zone.
- Construction crews will be installing deep gravity sewer on the Route 9 West to Concord Street North on/off ramp between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Traffic will be restricted to one lane alternating traffic management plan through the work zone.
Police detail officers will be present to ensure safe vehicular and pedestrian travel. If you encounter any problems due to this work, contact the Capital Construction Hotline at (508) 532-6040 or visit the website at: www.BuildingFramingham.com