FRAMINGHAM, MA- Roadwork on several major capital improvement projects in town will continue this week, (Monday through Friday, July 11 through July 15, 2011).
Major delays due to backed up traffic and detours around some of the work sites can add to driving times, so motorists should plan accordingly.
The Town of Framingham's Department of Public Works / Highway Division / Capital Projects website offers residents and visitors to Framingham helpful information about current and upcoming construction projects.
You can view up to date traffic alerts, maps of project worksites and traffic detours, and sign up to receive email alerts for all or any of the currently listed projects.
The email traffic advisory for the week of July 18th through July 22nd, 2011 indicate that:
- Sewer construction will restrict vehicular traffic on "A" Street to local traffic only. While construction is in progress; it may be necessary for residents to access their properties, through the opposite intersection of Concord Street and "A" Street depending upon the current location of the construction zone. At the end of each work day, normal traffic flow on "A" Street will resume. Access to side streets and Framingham High School will be maintained throughout the construction. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Sewer services are being installed on Concord Street between "A" Street and Old Connecticut Path, traffic will be restricted to a one lane alternating traffic management plan through the work zone. Construction activities will take place between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Construction crews will start installing the double sewer force main on Concord Street at the southern intersection of A Street, moving from north to south. Traffic will be restricted to a one lane alternating traffic management plan through the work zone. Once the construction crew passes Cherry Street, southbound traffic on Concord Street will be detoured from Concord Street to Cherry Street, from Cherry Street to Campello Road and back onto Concord Street. Access to properties and side streets will be maintained throughout the construction. Construction activities will take place between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Construction crews will be installing deep gravity sewer on Concord Street between Route 9 and Cochituate Road, this work will require lane restrictions - expect delays. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- The Danforth Street Bridge will be closed during construction. Please visit the http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/ website for project information.
- Sewer main construction will continue on Edgell Road, construction activities will take place on Edgell Road between Arthur Street and Vernon Street. All southbound traffic on Edgell Road will be detoured from Edgell Road to Vernon Street from Vernon Street to Oak Street and back onto Edgell Road. Additionally, Vernon Street will be closed to northbound through traffic between Edgell Road and Grove Street. This portion of Vernon Street will only be accessible from Edgell Road in a northbound direction. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- The Fountain Street Bridge will be closed during construction. It is anticipated that the bridge will be closed until late September of 2011. Traffic will be detoured to the west, over the Winter Street Bridge and the Fountain Street Bridge in Ashland. Please visit the http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/ website for project information.
- Deep gravity sewer main installation will continue on Gorman Road and Grant Street Extension. During construction, westbound traffic originating on Gorman Road will be detoured onto Belvidere Way, from Belvidere Way to Belvidere Avenue and from Belvidere Avenue to Concord Street. Detail officers will be in place to assist residents in gaining access to their properties during construction. Normal traffic patterns will resume at the end of each work day. Construction activities are scheduled to take place daily between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Police detail officers will be present to ensure safe vehicular and pedestrian travel. If you encounter any problems due to this work, contact the Capital Construction Hotline at (508) 532-6040 or visit the website at: www.BuildingFramingham.com