FRAMINGHAM, MA - Roadwork on several major capital improvement projects in town will continue this week, (including some work being done during the weekend near Framingham Centre Common).
Delays due to traffic and detours around some of the work sites can add to driving times, so motorists should plan accordingly.
The Town of Framingham's Department of Public Works / Highway Division / Capital Projects website offers residents and visitors to Framingham helpful information about current and upcoming construction projects.
You can view up to date traffic alerts, maps of project work sites and traffic detours, and sign up to receive email alerts for all or any of the currently listed projects, (see link below for more info).
Email traffics alert for the week of October 5th - 12th, 2013 indicates that:
Edgell Road - The following road work will take place near the Framingham Centre Common during the weekend of Saturday, Oct. 5th and Sunday, Oct. 6th, 2013. Use caution and expect delays while travelling in this area.
- Saturday, October 5th construction crews will perform miscellaneous site cleaning activities along Edgell Rd. between Auburn St. and Central St. Construction activities are schedule to take place between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 6th construction crews will begin to install roadway markings on Edgell Rd. between Route 9 and Auburn St. Construction activities are scheduled to between the hours 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Work listed below occurs Mon.-Fri., Oct. 7th - 12th, 2013:
- Edgell Road - Roadway construction activities continue on Edgell Road with curbing, sidewalk, conduit work and structure adjustments. Traffic will be managed through the work zone utilizing lane shifts on Edgell Road. Construction activities are scheduled between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily.
- Arthur Street - Construction crews will continue roadway construction activities on Arthur Street between Bishop Street and Willis Street. Traffic will be managed utilizing a one lane alternating traffic management plan through the work zone. Construction activities are scheduled to take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Chouteau Avenue Area - Construction crews will continue roadway reconstruction activities, including driveway aprons and touch work on Chouteau Avenue, Lasalle Avenue, Lakeview Road, Laclede Avenue and Lake Road. Construction activities are scheduled to take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Concord St., North (Rt. 126, North of Rt. 9) - Construction activities will continue, however construction activities are not expected to significantly impact traffic flows on Concord Street. Construction activities are scheduled between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily.
- Concord St., South, (Rt. 126, South of Rt. 9) - Construction crews will continue to remove sidewalk panels and install communications conduit on Concord Street between Hartford Street and Lincoln Street. Construction activities are scheduled to take place between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Wickford Rd. Bridge - bridge is temporarily closed for rehabilitation by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT). Due to material delays, there is a potential that the bridge may not be open until in the winter of 2013 or early Spring of 2014.
- Grant St./Pond St. Area - Construction crews will continue to perform roadway construction activities including structure adjustments and curbing work. Construction activities are scheduled between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Pleasant St. Area - The Highway Department will be performing roadway structure adjustments and curbing work in the Pleasant Street area. Construction activities are scheduled between to take place between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily.
- Fenwood St. - Construction crews will begin water main construction activities on Fenwood Street. Traffic will be restricted to residential traffic only while construction is in progress. Construction activities are schedule to take place between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily.
Police detail officers will be present to ensure safe vehicular and pedestrian travel. If you encounter any problems due to this work, contact the Capital Construction Hotline at (508) 532-6040.
Additional info can be found at the Town of Framingham Dept. of Public Works/Capital Projects website www.BuildingFramingham.com or for state highway projects, bridge replacement work, etc, at the MassDOT website www.MassDOT.state.ma.us