Framingham, MA - The Town of Framingham Solid Waste Division is holding a Household Hazardous Waste Day on Saturday, April 12th, 2014 at McCarthy Elementary, (8 Flagg Drive, Framingham, MA). You MUST arrive between 9:00am and 1:00pm, (no late arrivals!).
The recycling and disposal program is open to Framingham residents only, (who must show their Framingham license). There is no cost for residents to participate.
From your house: Aerosol paint cans • Ammonia • Bleaches • Chemistry sets • Cleaners • Drain cleaners • Dry cleaning fluid • Floor cleaners • Metal polish • Oven cleaners • Mercury items (fluorescent bulbs, thermostats, button batteries)
From your yard: Cesspool cleaners • Insecticides • Pesticides • Weed killer • Fertilizers • Pool chemicals • Rodent killer
From your garage or shed: Adhesives / glues / resins • Brake and transmission fluids • De-greasers • Gasoline and kerosene • Oil-based paint • Photographic chemicals • Radiator cleaner • Rust preventative • Spray paint • Stains and sealers • Thinners / strippers / solvents • Wood preservatives
UNACCEPTABLE - DO NOT BRING:
• Ammunition • Asbestos • Bulk chemicals • Explosives • Gunpowder • Medical/ biological waste (including sharps) • PCB oils • Radioactive waste (including smoke detectors)
• Do NOT bring items collected as part of the regular program at the Framingham Recycling Center (motor oil, antifreeze, propane tanks, tires, electronics and CRT devices, fire extinguishers)
• NO LATEX PAINT - dispose of as regular trash once paint has dried completely (open the lid and add absorbent material); leave open, dried paint cans next to curbside trash or bring to the Recycling Center
These items will NOT be accepted at this event
Please follow these guidelines:
• Use the original containers and seal tightly
• Place items upright in a box in your trunk
• Drive carefully; leave pets and children at home
• Do not smoke
• Carpool to save time
• Residents should anticipate wait times during this event; your patience is appreciated.
Event Sponsored by the Town of Framingham Solid Waste Division. Questions? Contact the Solid Waste Division by phone at: (508) 532-6001, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org