FRAMINGHAM, MA - The City of Framingham announced today that Massachusetts burn season opens January 15 and runs through May 1. Residents may obtain an Open Outdoor Burning Permit by phone or online.
To obtain a permit by phone, call the Framingham Fire Department permit line at (508) 532-5942, between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on each day during which the burn will occur. Those wanting to obtain a permit should leave their name, address and telephone number. The contact information left on the message will serve as the permit.
To obtain a permit online, complete the OpenBurning Form (on website) each day during which the burn will occur and print it for record keeping. Please note that permits will not be issued after 1:00 p.m.
In accordance with the provisions of M.G.L. Chapter 48, Section 13 and the provisions of 310 CMR 7.07, permission will be granted to set a fire for the purpose of disposing of brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris on a parcel of land situated at your location.
The following is PROHIBITED:
- Burning of brush, trees, cane and driftwood from commercial or industrial land clearing operations
- Burning of leaves or trash
- Burning of demolition or construction materials
All open burning must be conducted:
- On land closest to the source of the materials to be burned ;
- At a location greater than 75 feet from any dwelling;
- During periods of good atmospheric ventilation;
- Without causing a nuisance.
- All fires must be completely extinguished by 4:00 p.m.
- Someone must be with the fire until it is fully extinguished.
- The person conducting the burn must have the capability of controlling the fire (i.e. shovels/rakes and pressurized water hose/can).
As always, please remember to respect your surroundings and stay safe.
Comments Off on Framingham 2019 Open Burning Season (Jan 15 - May 1)