FRAMINGHAM, MA -- A new free outdoor program, the Community Corner, will offer field games, books, reading corner, arts and crafts, music and more for families on five different days during the summer in a variety of public parks.
Beginning on July 8 and ending August 26, this two-hour, drop-in program is organized by the Framingham Parks and Recreation Department, in collaboration with the Framingham Police Department, Framingham Fire Department, the Library Bookmobile, and the MetroWest YMCA.
Framingham families and residents of all ages are welcome to drop-in for just a short time or the entire two hours.
The Community Corner will be held on the following dates at these locations:
- Friday, July 8, 2022 from 11:00am to 1:00pm at Butterworth Park, Grant Street
- Friday, July 22, 2022 from 11:00am to 1:00pm at Danforth Park, Danforth Street
- Friday, August 5, 2022 from 11:00am to 1:00pm at Anna Murphy Park, Cove Ave.
- Friday, August 19, 2022 from 11:00am to 1:00pm at Weston Aqueduct, 698 Water Street
- Friday, August 26, 2022 from 11:00am to 1:00pm at Arlington Street Park, Arlington Street
Community Corner will be weather dependent. If weather is inclement, updates will be posted on www.FraminghamRec.com
“We are excited to be working collaboratively with other City Departments to offer this free program for Framingham residents,” said Elaine Prue, Superintendent of Recreation. “We hope this pilot program is successful and we will be able to add to the opportunity next summer.”