FRAMINGHAM, MA- Roadwork on several major capital improvement projects in town will continue this week, (Monday through Friday, July 11 through July 15, 2011).
Major delays due to backed up traffic and detours around some of the work sites can add to driving times, so motorists should plan accordingly.
The Town of Framingham's Department of Public Works / Highway Division / Capital Projects website offers residents and visitors to Framingham helpful information about current and upcoming construction projects.
You can view up to date traffic alerts, maps of project worksites and traffic detours, and sign up to receive email alerts for all or any of the currently listed projects.
The email traffic advisory for the week of July 11th through July 15th, 2011 indicate that:
- Sewer construction will restrict vehicular traffic on "A" Street to local traffic only. While construction is in progress; it may be necessary for residents to access their properties, through the opposite intersection of Concord Street and "A" Street depending upon the current location of the construction zone. At the end of each work day, normal traffic flow on "A" Street will resume. Access to side streets and Framingham High School will be maintained throughout the construction. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Sewer services are being installed near the intersection of Concord Street and upper "A" Street progressing south, traffic will be restricted to a one lane alternating traffic management plan through the work zone. Construction activities will take place between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Construction crews will continue to install sewer main on Concord Street between Summer Street and Cochituate Road, moving north to south which will close Concord Street to southbound through traffic. Southbound traffic will be detoured to Summer Street, from Summer Street to Beacon Street and from Beacon Street to Cochituate Road back onto Concord Street. Access to the side streets will be maintained throughout the construction. Construction activities will take place between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Construction crews will be installing deep gravity sewer on Concord Street between Route 9 and Cochituate Road, this work will require lane restrictions - expect delays. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- The Danforth Street Bridge will be closed during construction. Traffic has been detoured down Concord St. onto School St. (Rt. 126) as work continues. For detailed information about the project, visit the Capital Projects website at: www.buildingframingham.com
- Deep gravity sewer main installation will continue on Gorman Road and Grant Street Extension. During construction, westbound traffic originating on Gorman Road will be detoured onto Belvidere Way, from Belvidere Way to Belvidere Avenue and from Belvidere Avenue to Concord Street. Detail officers will be in place to assist residents in gaining access to their properties during construction. Normal traffic patterns will resume at the end of each work day. Construction activities are scheduled to take place daily between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Police detail officers will be present to ensure safe vehicular and pedestrian travel. If you encounter any problems due to this work, contact the Capital Construction Hotline at (508) 532-6040 or visit the website at: www.BuildingFramingham.com