FRAMINGHAM, MA- Roadwork on several major capital improvement projects in town will continue this week, (Monday through Friday, September 5th through September 9th, 2011).
Delays due to traffic and detours around some of the work sites can add to driving times, so motorists should plan accordingly.
The Town of Framingham's Department of Public Works / Highway Division / Capital Projects website offers residents and visitors to Framingham helpful information about current and upcoming construction projects.
You can view up to date traffic alerts, maps of project work sites and traffic detours, and sign up to receive email alerts for all or any of the currently listed projects.
The email traffic alert for the week of September 5th - 9th, 2011 indicates that:
- "A" Street: Construction crews will continue to install sewer main on "A" Street, restricting traffic to a one lane alternating traffic pattern. At the end of each work day, normal traffic flow on "A" Street will be restored. Access to side streets and Framingham High School will be maintained throughout the construction. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Auburn Street & Auburn Street Extension: Construction crews will mobilize to Auburn Street Extension and will begin construction to install sewer main between Auburn Street and Beulah Street. Auburn Street will be restricted to local traffic only; Auburn Street Extension will be closed from the intersection of Auburn Street/Auburn Street Extension to Beulah Street during construction work hours from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Auburn Street, Auburn Street Ext. and Beulah Street can be accessed from Worcester Road. At the end of each construction work day, normal traffic flow will be restored.
- Bridges Street: Construction crews will continue to perform sewer services on Bridges Street. While construction is in progress; Bridges Street will be open to local traffic only. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Concord Street – North of Worcester Road: Construction crews are currently working between Old Connecticut Path and Summer Street installing double force main, sewer services and drainage. Southbound traffic on Concord Street will be detoured from Concord Street to Summer Street, from Summer Street to Beacon Street and from Beacon Street to Cochituate Road back onto Concord Street. Access to properties and side streets will be maintained throughout construction. Local gravity sewer main installation on Concord Street has proceeded north of the intersection of Cochituate Road (Route 30). Traffic on Concord Street between Route 30 and Old Connecticut Path shall be one lane alternating. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Concord Street South of Worcester Road: De-watering wells are being installed on Concord Street between Gorman Road and Palmer Road. Construction activities are schedule to take place between 6:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily.
- Concord Street at Gorman Road: Overnight construction is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, September 6th in the intersection of Concord Street and Gorman Road. Construction crews will install a deep sewer main tying in the deep gravity sewer from Gorman Road to Concord Street. Construction activities will take place between 8:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. It is anticipated that this work will take approximately one week to complete. Both northbound and southbound traffic on Concord will be detoured from Concord Street to Arsenal Road during the overnight construction.
- Danforth Street Bridge: Bridge will be closed during construction. (Additional info on MassDOT website, see link at bottom of page).
- Edgell Road: Final Paving of Edgell Road, between Auburn Street and Warren Place will begin on Tuesday, September 6. Expect traffic delays and traffic pattern changes. Construction activities are scheduled to take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Fountain Street Bridge: Bridge will be closed during construction. It is anticipated that the bridge will be closed until November of 2011. Traffic will be detoured to the west, over the Winter Street Bridge and the Fountain Street Bridge in Ashland. (Additional info on MassDOT website, see link at bottom of page).
- Gorman Road & Grant Street Extension: Construction crews will be connecting water and sewer main services, as well as performing drainage work on Grant Street and Grant Street Extension. Construction activities on Gorman Road and Grant Street Extension will take place between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Gorman Road will be open to local traffic only during construction hours, normal traffic patterns will resume at the close of each work day.
- State Street: Roadway reconstruction activities will continue with the installation utility castings, curb and sidewalks. State Street will be restricted to local traffic only during construction operations. Construction activities are scheduled to take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Police detail officers will be present to ensure safe vehicular and pedestrian travel. If you encounter any problems due to this work, contact the Capital Construction Hotline at (508) 532-6040.
Additional info can be found at the Town of Framingham Dept. of Public Works/Capital Projects website www.BuildingFramingham.com or for state highway projects, bridge replacement work, etc, at the MassDOT website www.massdot.state.ma.us