FRAMINGHAM, MA -- The Framingham Department of Public Works (DPW) will host Household Hazardous Waste Day, Saturday, July 31, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00p.m. at the DPW Operations Center, 100 Western Ave., Framingham MA 01702.
Household hazardous waste is banned from disposal in trash or recycling by state law. The DPW's Sanitation Division sponsors annual household hazardous waste disposal events which are FREE and open to all Framingham residents.
Residents can bring their household hazardous waste to be disposed of properly, (see list of accepted items below).
Proof of residency is required.
ACCEPTED HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE INCLUDES:
- Aerosol Paints
- Bug Sprays
- Caustic Cleaners/Degreasers
- Cleaning Solvents
- Concentrated Fertilizers
- Diesel Oil
- Mercury-containing Devices
- Oil, Enamel, or Lead-based Paints
- Old Gasoline/Kerosene
- Paint Thinners
- Photo Chemicals
- Pool and Spa Chemicals
- Rodent Poisons
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED AT HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DAY:
- No latex paint - Latex paint is non-hazardous and may be dried out and disposed of with regular trash.
- Radioactive waste including radioactive type smoke detectors (batteries can be removed and the smoke detector can be disposed of with regular trash)
- Flares, Ammunition
- PCB Oils
- Bulk Chemicals/Oil
- Medical/Biological Waste, including sharps
MEDICAL SHARPS - Effective July 1, 2012, home medical sharps are banned from disposal in trash or recycling by state law. Home medical sharps include all use and unused/unopened home sharps (hypodermic needles and lancets that result from personal use or use on pets- including Epipens. These items cannot be disposed of in the curbside program or at the recycling center.