FRAMINGHAM, MA - The Town of Framingham will be holding its spring Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day on Saturday, May 21, 2011 from 9:00AM to 1:00PM in the parking lot of the McCarthy Elementary School, 8 Flagg Drive, Framingham, MA.
- pesticides / herbicides
- bug sprays
- rodent poisons
- cleaning solvents
- caustic cleaners / degreaser
- concentrated fertilizers
- photo chemicals
- pool & spa chemicals
- aerosol cans containing paint
- oil based or enamel paint
- lead based paint
- paint thinner
- diesel oil
- old gasoline / kerosene
- Mercury-containing devices
Do NOT Bring:
- Radioactive waste including radioactive type smoke detectors (batteries can be removed, and the smoke detector can be thrown out in the regular trash)
- explosives / gunpowder / flares / ammunition
- PCB oils / bulk chemicals / oil
- medical / biological waste including sharps
- Items that are collected regularly as part of the normal weekly operations of the Town of Framingham Recycling Drop-off Center are NOT collected as part of the Household Hazardous Waste Event.
- NO LATEX PAINT - Latex paint can be safely disposed of at curbside by following these steps. Remove the lid from each can. Dry up any liquid paint by stirring in an absorbent material. Allow to dry. Place open can next to trash at curbside on your regular trash day.
Open to Framingham residents only.
Proof of residency and photo ID will be required.
No commercial waste.
Reduce long waits -- combine your waste with your neighbors and car-pool!
For more information contact the Framingham Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Division at: (508) 532-6001 or the Recycling Coordinator by email at: recycling@FraminghamMA.gov
Comments Off on Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.