Framingham Hazardous Waste Collection Day.
FRAMINGHAM, MA - The Town of Framingham, Department of Public Works, solid Waste Division is holding its popular Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event on Saturday, August 11, 2012 from 9:00am to 1:00pm in the parking lot of the McCarthy Elementary School, 8 Flagg Drive, Framingham, MA.
There is no cost to dispose of hazardous waste materials.
Event is open to Framingham Residents Only - drivers license with Framingham address must be shown as proof of residency.
Items that will be accepted:
• Aerosol Paint Cans • Bleaches • Chemistry Sets • Household Cleaners • Drain Cleaners • Dry Cleaning Fluid • Floor Cleaners • Metal Polish • Oven Cleaners •
• Mercury Items (e.g.- florescent bulbs, button batteries, thermostats)
• Cesspool Cleaners • Insecticides • Pesticides • Weed Killer • Fertilizers • Pool Chemicals • Rodent Killer
• Adhesives • Glues • Resins •
• Brake Fluid • Transmission Fluid • Degreasers • Gasoline • Kerosene • Oil Based Paint •
• Photographic Chemicals • Radiator Cleaners • Rust Preventative •
• Stains and Sealers • Thinners / Strippers / Solvents • Wood Preservatives, etc.
To transport these items to waste collection event; Use original containers and seal tightly. Place items upright in a box in truck of your vehicle. Drive carefully, leave pets and children home. Do not smoke.
Items that will NOT be accepted:
DO NOT BRING • Ammunition • Asbestos • Bulk Chemicals • Explosives • Gunpowder • Medical / Biological Waste • PCB Oils • Radioactive Waste (including Smoke Detectors).
DO NOT BRING items which are collected as part of the regular program at the Framingham Recycling Center, (motor oils, antifreeze, propane tanks, tires, electronics and CRT devices, fire extinguishers, etc).
NO LATEX PAINT - this may be disposed of as regular trash once paint has dried completely, (open the lid and add absorbent material, then leave open dried paint cans at curb next to curbside trash, or bring to the Recycling Center).
Open to Framingham residents only.
No commercial waste.
Reduce long waits -- combine your waste with your neighbors and car-pool!
Residents should anticipate wait times as this event has been very popular in the past. Arrive as early as possible to insure your items are taken -- no late arrivals will be accepted.
If you have any questions about this event, contact the Town of Framingham, Department of Public Works, solid Waste Division by telephone, M-F 8:30am-5:00pm at: (580) 532-6001 or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org